On 11 December 2020, the Xrotd R12 made its first test run on the mountain track above the DFB depot site in Realp. The impressive operation went off without any major problems. The refurbishment of the Xrotd R12 began in Goldau in 2002. Martin Horath formed a project group of about ten people who painstakingly overhauled the R12. The aim was to be able to use the machine for clearing operations on the Furka mountain route in a fully operational condition that was as original as possible. The Xrotd R12 originally belonged to the Rhaetian Railway (RhB) and was in service there from 1913 until the end of the 1950s. It came to the Blonay-Chamby museum railway in 1971. In 1996, the DFB became the owner of the R12 in exchange for the almost identical R14, which was not suitable for rack-and-pinion use.